The man behind the Townhall Media Group: ‘I didn’t have to go through a formal process’

Posted May 05, 2018 09:56:33 The former owner of the Townhouse Media Group has denied that he was pressured to remove a story from a newspaper after a court challenge by the media organisation.

Former owner Andrew Marvell was told he could no longer use his business model after the ABC published the article in April.

He is understood to have been told the story was going to be “taken down” because the story had a “substantial negative impact” on the company’s future.

Mr Marvell told a court he did not believe he was being “threatened” and he had done nothing wrong by the ABC’s decision.

“I didn of course not make a formal decision that I could not publish that story,” he said.

In his defence, Mr Marvel said he did what he thought was right. “

And the fact of the matter is I would have liked to have published it.”

In his defence, Mr Marvel said he did what he thought was right.

“There was no pressure to take that story down,” he told the court.

“The decision was made by a jury and I think it was a fair decision.”

The ABC’s own internal investigation into the story revealed Mr Marvell had previously tried to get the newspaper to remove the story from its website.

It found there was “little evidence” that the story did “any harm to Townhouse”.

But the ABC said the company was now taking steps to “rebuild” the business model.

The ABC has not identified Mr Marvesl as the man behind Townhouse but the newspaper’s parent company, MediaCorp, said it was still paying him.

The story about a young woman whose car was stolen from a roadside parking lot was published in the Sunday Herald Sun, and the ABC subsequently ran a story about the car being taken.

The newspaper was ordered to pay $6,000 for the “unlawful publication” of the article and the money was spent on a legal battle with the ABC.

The matter was later dismissed by the Federal Court.

“I think the ABC is going in the right direction and I’m very pleased about that,” he added. “

As soon as I was made aware of the decision by the judge, I immediately appealed it to the Federal Circuit Court.”

“I think the ABC is going in the right direction and I’m very pleased about that,” he added.

The townhall media group’s website was also hacked by a cyber attacker in 2016 and was also taken offline.

The company’s owners were also threatened with legal action, the ABC reported.

“They [the ABC] were threatening legal action against the people involved,” Mr Marvill said.

He said the media company was “a very strong and dedicated group” of “people who have been around for decades”.

He said it would be “very difficult” for the ABC to survive if the company did not maintain the model of publishing stories on the internet.